Overview Diepwalle hike
You are picked up at your accommodation and transported to Diepwalle in the Knysna indigenous forest, part of SANparks. You head straight for the Diepwalle forest station where the Forest Legends Museum awaits which you will visit first to give you a deeper insight into the forest you are about to walk through. This forest has an average tree crown height of 18m; it also boasts three large Outeniqua Yellow wood trees (Podocarpus falcatus) that are approximately 600 years old. You will see all three of these trees on this excursion. The forest hike is 7km long but not too strenuous; it is more undulating with gentle ascents and descents. This path forms part of the Knysna elephant’s route when they venture into the Diepwalle forest, their footprints are clearly noticeable. You will have a short break in the forest near a fast flowing stream, an ideal place for a lunch break.
Thereafter you continue on the circular route back to the forest station. Spitskop is a viewpoint deeper into the forest which you will approach by Landrover, it is 900m above sea level and offers a spectacular vista of forest region up to the coastline. Hereafter you stop by the Kind Edward VII big tree before you venture back to Knysna along the dirt road where you will be dropped off at your accommodation.
- Knysna indigenous forest
- Forest museum
- 7km deep forest walk
- Spitskop viewpoint
- King Edward VII big tree
Hotel pickup at around 08:30 in the morning- Your tour guide will reach out to you.
- Sunscreen and hat
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and clothing
This tour is not suitable for children younger than 13 years of age.
- Outdoor activities are weather bound, if the weather is too poor to perform an activity either we can try and reschedule or give a full refund.
- If the booked guest does not show up for tour without prior notice then they will forfeit their tour payment.
- A minimum of a week cancellation will get a full refund.
- Cancellation within a week will not receive a refund at all as I would have booked the day and made preparations for it.
If your tour guide cancels due to unforeseen circumstances then Funtourz will refund you in full.